It’s that time to get organized, don’t worry we’re here to help. Here are just a few of our favorite Summer packing tips:
- Be in the know. Get to know any camp regulations regarding bunk items.
- Include pre-stamped envelopes or pre-addressed postcards, we promise you’ll get more letters this way.
- Label all of your items with your child’s name. Triple check everything!
- Home items, make sure your child packs pictures and fun items that remind them of home. You want their “camp home” to feel cozy. Especially the bed, order mattress pads or egg crates for the extra comfort.
- Send a letter to your child at camp before camp begins, tell other family members to do the same.
- Pack with your kids. Let them see what you are packing so when they get to camp they had an idea of what was in their bag. Show them you packed specific shoes for certain sports or where the extra batteries are tucked away. Most camps will unpack the younger campers for them, so when they arrive their area is all set up. It’s still a good idea for them to know what was packed.
- Pack Smart. Protect breakable items such as a tennis racket, make sure its protected. Pack it between bed sheets or towels for extra cushion. Find out what bunk cubbies or under the bed storage your camper is allowed to bring. Make sure they are collapsible and durable, it’s best to utilize them when packing. For example, pack items inside of the bins such as smaller or personal items. You could also add a packing list inside the duffle, this helps the counselors and your camper to know what was packed.
- Don’t Forget. Take a deep breath and take a picture of your camper sitting on their duffel. It’s officially the first photo of the camp season!